- 'Everyone went out of their way to make my placement very enjoyable and learn as much as I could about the business and the industry in the short time that I had with them. Stockland is a great place to work and I’m very grateful for the opportunity I was given through the ACA’s Beyond the Boundary program.'
- ‘A great opportunity to get first hand experience working in a field that you're interested in.’
- "I really enjoyed being in the primary school environment as I thought I could really assist the students in their learning. I was able to supervise the class, help children with their work, teach maths students, assist with student reading groups and assist the teacher. I would highly recommend the program to any aspiring teachers out there as, I think it gives you a very good idea of what teaching is really like."Scott Boland, VIC State Cricketer, 2013
- "Having been involved in professional sport for a long time, the opportunity to experience life outside of cricket and to meet new people was great. I have always been interested in property and so to be able to get some practical work experience and learn more about the industry has made me eager to learn more."Adam Voges, WA State Cricket Player, Beyond the Boundary
- "Overall the BTB program was amazing... All staff at my host school were extremely friendly and welcoming which made things a lot more enjoyable. I would recommend this program to any player whom is considering what career or study path they would like to go down."NSW State Cricketer, Beyond the Boundary
- "Beyond the Boundary is a great way to get experience in an industry, while still playing cricket."Louis Cameron, VIC State Cricketer, Beyond the Boundary
- "The entire process and program was handled very professionally from start to finish. All the Infront staff were friendly and excellent communicators. We were pleased we were contacted and were able to take part in this work placement program."Ineke Clarke, Neighbour Labour & New Landscapes Host Organisation
- 'Beyond the Boundary is a great initiative by Australian Cricketer's Association and Infront Sports Consulting to explore workplace opportunities for cricketers, both female and male, looking to explore professional opportunities outside the game and looking to further their professional skills. It was great to meet new people and understand how they complete their roles. Erin and the team at Infront Sports Consulting were very helpful, and passionate about getting people into workplaces they like working for and helping to achieve successful ventures.’
- "Beyond the Boundary was a perfect opportunity for me. I am still giving cricket a crack, but know that I want to work within the sporting industry in the future. The program gave me a taste of working as a sports scientist in an elite code. I am very grateful to the Melbourne Storm, Erin Devlin, the ACA and everyone else who was involved in setting this placement up for me."Ian Holland, VIC State Cricketer, Beyond the Boundary
- "I enjoyed the whole lot from start to finish. I was continually learning new stuff and the hands on style of learning was a valuable experience."Matt Day, TAS State Cricketer, Beyond the Boundary
- "At Win TV I participated in writing stories, reading at the news desk, making stories, following journalists and interviewing for stories. A great way to gain experience and get your foot into an industry you have a passion for."Sandy Rogers, TAS State Cricketer, Beyond the Boundary
- "I just wanted to let you know I got the South Adelaide job…Another positive result for you and what you are doing! Thanks for your professional support, you have been amazing for me over the last few years."Brad Gotch, Senior Coach, South Adelaide Football Club, 2013
- "The Beyond the Boundary program is excellent... Designworks is an amazing company to work for and I felt thoroughly welcomed into their environment. It was an amazing experience and I would recommend it to all players. I learnt a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it. Infront does a fantastic job and I would love to be involved in the program again. 10/10!"Dominic Michael, TAS State Cricketer, Beyond the Boundary
‘Overall the BTB program was amazing. I was able to reaffirm my love for teaching and also given me insight into another subject area before starting to study to become accredited in that subject. All staff at my host school were extremely friendly and welcoming which made things a lot more enjoyable.’
‘Beyond the Boundary provides a great introduction for players into the workplace. The program is run efficiently and was a pleasure to be part of.’
- "Beyond the boundary has helped me gain a better insight into my chosen career as a Parks conservation and lands worker. It has been an experience of a lifetime and has opened many doors. I will endeavour to pass on this experience to my fellow ACA members."Sally Moylan, ACT Cricketer, Beyond the Boundary
- 'A great experience to be involved in…well organised and easy to understand.'
‘From my understanding the program is providing athletes with a future outside cricket. For Sally to be supported in this way is fantastic, her enthusiasm, initiative and pleasant personality made her participation on the field trip a pleasure for all involved.’
‘I think it is a great program for players who may not be sure of the career path they want to go down following (or during) their cricket careers. As a current student graduating at the end of this year, I was able to gain a valuable insight into my chosen profession.
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the Beyond the Boundary program. The program enabled me to gain a greater insight into my chosen profession and build a network of contacts for the future. I would recommend this experience to all current or former players who are wanting to gain experience in their future profession.’
'The most enjoyable part of my placement was ’being able to experience what goes on, off the field during games. And to see how the whole media set up works - not just Manly (Warringah Sea Eagles), but all reporters and journalists as well. For me it was a great chance to experience something outside of what I am studying at uni. Without it, (Beyond the Boundary), it would have been difficult to get such an opportunity. And it was something that I thoroughly enjoyed. This is an occupation that I’m certainly interested in and, after having this experience, it’s something I would be keen to investigate more in the future.’